November 27, 2011

The Paper Players, PP74

You'll never believe what I am about to say, this is day off #4 of the Thanksgiving Holiday and I'm a little bored. My house is spotless, left-overs are all used up, my stamp room is organized.....I'm just so used to being on the go all the time! What a perfect time to create card #2 for today. The Paper Players has a "Lesley Sketch" today:


You know those new "Mica Flakes"? Well....I've used them in approximately 5-6 cards so far and the jar has not budged at all. It's amazing how much is in there! I decided to use them in my card again today:


All I do to get them to stick is run a thin line of Tombow Mono-Adhesive around what I want them to adorn, spinkle, press down with my fingertips, shake off the excess and it's all completed. So easy!


And what about the Red Glimmer Paper? Do you like my snowflakes? Even though red is not a traditional snowflake color, it works for this card. I also added a Rhinestone Jewel in the center of each snowflake:


Okay, enough rambling for today. I so appreciate that The Paper Players had a challenge for me to participate in this morning. Make sure you scroll down to view my other post for today. You won't be disappointed....promise!

Card Supplies:
  • DSP: Holly Berry Bouquet, Red Glimmer Paper
  • Cardstock: Wild Wasabi, Whisper White
  • Inks: VersaMark
  • Accessories: Rhinestone Jewels, Mica Flakes
  • Tools: Scallop Edge Border Punch, Northern Frost Decorative Strip Die, Snowburst Textured Impressions Folder, Wild Wasabi Embossing Powder, Cherry Cobbler Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, 2 1/2" Circle Punch, 2 1/2" Scallop Circle Punch, Tombow Mono-Adhesive, Big Shot Machine, Stampin' Dimensionals
  • Stamps: Merry & Type

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Debbie! I love the ornaments on your vertical panel...they were the perfect choice!
    Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie - How do you feel about an all expense paid vacation to my house to do the same???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Debbie! The mica is the perfect touch! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a shimmery card! Love those red snowflakes too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Debbie! I love those pretty ornaments paired with the glimmer snowflakes! So glad you joined us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty Christmas card Debbie. Love your attention to detail and the little finishing touches you used. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, Debbie! Do you find it difficult to get the snowflakes apart with the Glimmer Paper? Those little bits just don't want to pop out for me! But I do agree about the mica flakes...they go a long way! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players again--we always love your stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How blingy and fun Debbie! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I DO know those Mica Flakes, Debbie...the same ones that have been sitting unopened on my desk since I ordered them. Lol! I have been struggling to find inspiration to use them...until TODAY!! Wow! Love, love, LOVE how you used them on this card. This is so fabulously festive, in every way. Thanks for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great take on the sketch challenge. I love how you used the mica flakes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!