November 28, 2011

Happy Birthday to me!

Happy Birthday to me! Today is a milestone birthday for me as I turn the BIG 5-0! Oh my God, that sounds so old doesn't it? I remember a time when my mom turned 36 and thinking to myself she was old! Even though I am turning 50 today, I still feel (and act) like I'm in my 30's.

I thought I should post a birthday card today for you:


This cute little stamp image is a single stamp that can be found on the "A LA CARTE" section of the catalog, pages 18-20. What a great way to acquire stamps for your collection. This one is called "Elabration", item # 121175 and is only $9.95. Isn't the image just darling?


I stamped part of the image a 2nd time on Designer Paper and hand-cut the balloon. Glue and layer over the existing stamped image. I used Stampin' Write Markers and Watercolor Crayons to color my image. I wanted to keep the whole card "soft" looking by using mostly subtle colors so I didn't outline the image this time:


Card Supplies:
  • Cardstock: So Saffron, Baja Breeze, Whisper White
  • DSP: Brights Patterns Paper Pack
  • Inks: StazOn Jet Black, Watercolor Crayons, Stampin' Write Markers
  • Tools: Blender Pen, Scallop Trim Border Punch, 1" Circle Punch, Petal Cone Die, Stampin' Dimensionals, Stripes Textured Impressions Folder, Mini Glue Dots
  • Accessories: Grosgrain Ribbon
  • Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes, Elebration
Have a great day!


11 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Debbie! You don't look a day over 30 :)I hope you have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card! I need to get that stamp. I hope you have a wonderful birthday! I used to think 40 was old, but I'll be seeing 36 in a few weeks and I don't feel old at all! Stamping must keep us young. :o) Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! I adore the elephant on you card. So cute and great coloring.

    Jani
    papercompulsions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to you.
    Happy birthday to you.
    Happy birthday dear Debbie,
    happy birthday to you!

    Cute card ;0) Smiles and best wishes, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you a very Happy Birthday Debbie. And you wear "5-0" very well. Besides, 50 doesn't sound too bad since I will hit the "medicare" birthday in December. I hope you have a great day ahead. And I love the card you made for yourself. Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Lady

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Deb! I would love to be 50! I hit the Soc. Sec. age in 3 weeks - yikes! Your cards are always such a treat to look at~!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday, hope your day was extra special.
    Thanks so much for your talents and time sharing with us. I love your blog and can't wait to see what treasures you have for us.
    Stamping keeps us young at heart, so keep up the great work.
    SIU, Seletta

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday, Debbie! What an adorable card! And at the time, I thought 50 was old. Ah...to be 50 again!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday, Debbie! Hope your day was wonderful! This card is so sweet and you've done a fantastic job coloring it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I might add you don't look a day over 30 either! Happy Belated Birthday!!!! I love this A la Carte stamp, it's on my shopping list. Your card is just as sweet as it can be!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!