November 17, 2011

CCMC176

Welcome Blog Readers! Wow, the temperatures sure have dropped here in Maine this morning....30's! When it gets cold like this, all I want to do is stay in my PJ's and stamp! Today is another great sketch challenge at Create with Connie & Mary:


And here is my card for the design team:


Have you every tried using cork in your creations? I couldn't believe how easy it was to cut using the Beautiful Butterflies Dies and my BigShot Machine. The die cut through cork like it was butter! I used Early Espresso Ink and a Sponge Dauber on the edges and stamped an image in the center from the Day of Gratitude Stamp Set. I also sponged every single layer I used on my card along with the embossing from the Vintage Wallpaper Textured Impressions Folder!

I hope you enjoyed my card for today and I hope you'll come back and visit tomorrow. Think about joining our challenge today and challenge yourself! Have a great day and don't forget to go visit the design team and all of our fabulous creations!

Card Supplies:
  • Cardstock: Pear Pizzazz, Whisper White, Island Indigo, Early Espresso
  • DSP: Brights Patterns Paper Pack
  • Tools: BigShot Machine, Beautiful Butterflies Die, Vintage Wallpaper Textured Impressions Folder, Sponge Dauber
  • Inks: Early Espresso
  • Accessories: Rhinestone Jewels
  • Stamp Sets: Day of Gratitude, Perfectly Penned



7 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! I love the cork butterfly and the stamp you used on it! And, of course, the sponging and bling really finish it off beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting color combo...next thing you know Connie & Mary will have us doing this one! Great butterfly using the cork. Pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors on here, Debbie! And the stamped center of the butterfly...very clever! AND all the texture! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Debbie! I love the color combination. The bling on the butterfly really sets it off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea with the cork! So much texture and dimension on this card, just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adore the cork butterfly and I never would have thought to sponge the edges of the cork--clever! I also love the color combination and the stamp on the middle of the butterfly...gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the cork butterfly! Pure genius! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!