October 25, 2011

Split Negative Christmas Card!

Have you ever tried the "Split Negative Technique"? What is the "Split Negative Technique" you ask? It's when you stamp the same exact image on a dark piece of cardstock and a neutral piece of cardstock. You then cut the image in half and adhere the opposite colors side-by-side to each other to re-create the whole image. Here is my card displaying this technique:


I first stamped the ornaments image on Basic Black Cardstock with Whisper White Craft Ink. I stamped the image again this time on Newsprint DSP in Basic Black Ink. I wanted to use the Basic Black layer as my card back so I only cut the image stamped on the Newsprint DSP in half. Sponge the 2 outside edges of the DSP with Cherry Cobbler Ink with a Sponge Dauber. I then added adhesive to the back, carefully lined up my images and pressed down to glue my DSP in place:


I colored only parts of the images with my Cherry Cobbler Stampin' Write Marker and some Shimmer Paint in Champagne Mist. I used a Blender Pen to add my Shimmer Mist. Add a few Rhinestone Jewels to really spice things up! Click on photo to see the Shimmer Mist in action!

For the bottom of my card, I used the Tasteful Trim Die and cut out 2 layers of the Holly Berry Bouquet DSP and 1 layer of Newsprint DSP and sponged the top edges with Cherry Cobbler Ink. Glue in place. Add a strip of  Quilted Satin Ribbon in Cherry Cobbler:


Card Supplies:
  • Cardstock: Basic Black,
  • DSP: Newsprint, Holly Berry Bouquet
  • Inks: Whisper White Craft, Basic Black, Cherry Cobbler, Cherry Cobbler Stampin' Write Marker
  • Accessories: Quilted Satin Ribbon in Cherry Cobbler, Rhinestone Jewels, Shimmer Paint in Champagne Mist
  • Tools: BigShot Machine, Tasteful Trim Die, Large Oval Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Sponge Dauber
  • Stamp Set: Merry & Type

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Debbie, I love this idea and you created a beautiful card.

    Have a beautiful day.
    Seletta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't you the clever girl. I love, love, love it. I'm going to case your card for my Christmas Card workshop. Beautiful job, Debbie. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool and a wonderful card too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!