It's sketch challenge time at Pals Paper Arts this week. Margaret Moody always has the best sketches to follow:
I chose a different color combination today. I dug out my Color Coach and thought this mix of colors was quite interesting. I also have to admit something to you. I've had the Fun Flowers Die for a long, long time now and this is the first time I finally use the die! Isn't that just awful!
I cut 2 of one of the flower shapes in Early Espresso Cardstock and layered them on top of each other. I then used the Doily Triple Layer Punch to cut 2 doilies, scrunch them up and layer over the flowers. I then added a Designer Button in the center and topped it with a Square Rhinestone Brad. Did you know that by taking the legs of the brad and spreading them out completely, you can insert them in the button holes and through the cardstock?
The Hello Doily Stamp is perfect for a flawless background. I stamped using Whisper White Craft Ink and added my flower to the center. The Color Spritzer and my Early Espresso Stampin' Write Marker are used to add a few speckles to the background:
Stampin' Up! Card Supplies:
- Cardstock: Early Espresso, Pink Pirouette, Rich Razzleberry
- Accessories: Very Vanilla Designer Velvet Ribbon, Square Rhinestone Brads, Designer Buttons
- Inks: Whisper White Craft, Early Espresso Stampin' Write Marker
- Tools: BigShot Machine, Doily Punch, Fun Flowers Die, Small Oval Punch, Stamipin' Dimensionals, Color Spritzer Tool
- Stamp Sets: Hello Doily, You're A Gem