October 31, 2011

Halloween Card for Family & Downline!

The card I am showing today is the card that I mailed out to my family members and my downline:

I had fun adding all of these elements. It's funny how you envision a card and it turns out in another direction. I knew I wanted to use the frame and add the pumpkin on the inside of the frame and then I thought hmmm...how about adding the hat to the pumpkin. So I did that. Then I thought the card look a little off-kilter on one side so I added the bow to even things out. Just the right touch I think:

And I made it into a triple-bow at that!


And look who I found for today's post:


This is my 3 year old grand-daughter Kaitlynn. Isn't she a little cutie?


In Maine it gets a little chilly on Halloween night so the kids all try to dress up in warm costumes. This is a little butterfly costume:




One good thing about Kaitlynn is that she really doesn't care much for candy yet. She just loves the excitement of going out trick-or-treating! Have a spook-tacular Halloween day!

Card supplies;
  • Cardstock: Basic Black, Peach Parfait, Whisper White
  • Inks: Basic Black, VersaMark, Wild Wasabi, Tangerine Tango, Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker
  • Tools: Basic Black Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Sponge Dauber, Paper Snips, Mini Glue Dots
  • DSP: Just Add Cake
  • Stamp Sets: Jack of all Trades, Wicked, Notably Ornate
  • Ribbon: Taffeta Ribbon in Pumpkin Pie (retired)

7 comments:

  1. What a fabulous card, Debbie. I love the colours and the distressing - it's all so well put together - and that hat is an awesome image! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I love this! Could be one of my all time favorites of your cards! And you granddaughter is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card.....and your granddaughter is a real cutie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Adorable granddaughter!!~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie - what a beautiful card. Love the hat and the addition of the bow to even things out. Good thing the trick and treating was done before the snow, huh? Hope all is well with you and that you are not experiencing any power outages.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous card, Debbie! But Kaitlynn steals the show! What an adorable and cozy looking butterfly she makes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome card and such adorable pictures! Looks like you had a nice Halloween!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!