October 21, 2011

Creating Your Own Mosaic!

As stampers, we learn early on that everything has a purpose and some of us save everything! Today I am showing you how to re-purpose the rubber frames that are left-over once your stamps are assembled. The frames below are what I am referring to:


 And this is what I achieved with those left-over frames. How? Keep reading:


Using your scissors, cut triangles, polygons, hexagons, squares until you have a bunch of shapes to play with:


For my rubber, I used the left overs from a clear mount set. Remove the backing from your rubber. NOTE: If you are using the rubber from the wood mount stamps, you will also need a wood block to mount them on.

Using a Clear Block, arrange your pieces so that they are about 1/8" from each other, creating a pattern. Don't worry if some of the rubber lays past the block edges:


Ink up your new "background stamp" and stamp your background:


Complete your card as desired or follow my design:



Card Supplies:
  • Cardstock: Baja Breeze, Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler, Sahara Sand
  • Stamp Sets: Fabulous Florets, Teeny Tiny Wishes
  • Accessories: Baja Breeze Seam Binding Ribbon, Pearl Jewels
  • Tools: Decorative Label Punch, Scallop Circle #2 Die, Snowburst Textured Impressions Folder, BigShot Machine, Stampin' Dimensionals
  • Inks: Soft Suede Ink
  • Misc: Left-over rubber!
Thanks for visiting me today! I hope you liked my mini-tutorial and try it yourself. Let me know what you think!

10 comments:

  1. Great idea and thanks for the mini tutorial. I like how used the embossing folder with the scalloped circle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cool idea - and the results made one beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How clever...and I have a pile of these things (guess a lot of us do!)....will have to give this a try...thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was just a WOW factor for me! How clever and creative! That is why I'm a new follower of your blog. I truly wish I had as much imagination and creativity. You inspire me to do better. Thanks for sharing Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, and a WOW idea for the background!! GREAT idea! Thank you soooo much for the tutorial and the pictures!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that background! I love how you think! Love that card too. Those rich colors are so pretty! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Creative idea. Oh the possibilities. Your card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea and a gorgeous background, Debbie! It looks so real! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this technique and always wanted to try it, but thought, this is really time consuming. Then I saw your suggestion on the wood block. I would only have to cut and attach once to make my background stamp! TFS such great ideas! Gorgeous card BTW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So very clever, Debbie! Way to recycle….

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!