Today I bring you the "Coloring With Bleach Technique":
What did I color with bleach? All of the petals to each flower. How did I do that? Follow these steps:
- Stamp image using VersaMark Ink.
- Sprinkle Black Embossing Powder on the stamped image.
- Set with your Heat Tool.
- Color in the parts of the image you want bleached-out. For this step I used a small Dixie Cup with a little bit of bleach and dipped with an old Blender Pen I set aside just for bleaching. I even added a label to my Blender Pen that says "bleach pen" on it. Pick up some bleach from the cup and color!
- Let dry completely. You will see the color from the cardstock start to fade right before your eyes. If you want to speed up the process, use your Heat Tool to dry the bleaching.
- Decorate your card as usual.
I also used my Spritzer Tool to add some speckles to my background with the Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker.
Stampin' Up! Supplies used:
- Cardstock: Old Olive, So Saffron , Crumb Cake
- Inks: VersaMark, Basic Black, Basic Black & Old Olive Stampin' Write Marker
- Accessories: Old Olive Scallop Dots Ribbon, Pearl Jewels (I turned them black with a Black Permanent Marker)
- Tools: Heat Tool, Black Embossing Powder, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Color Spritzer Tool, Blender Pen
- Misc: Bleach