October 1, 2011

CCMC Holiday Edition Saturday Challenge-Week 2

Good morning, today is Week #2 of our subcribers challenge at Create with Connie & Mary. For those of you that are subscribers......how are we doing so far with our projects? I would love to hear from you!

This week's challenge is this beautiful color challenge:

Week #2 for us designers was a Fall/Thanksgiving week. I just love the new stamp set "Always Thankful" from the "Holiday Mini Catalog:



I decided early on that for the six weeks of Saturday Challenges, I was going to create a card plus a matching goodie box of some sorts. This is my card for this week:


A little trick I used for this card was to first ink my stamp in VersaMark Ink and then ink again, this time with Soft Suede Ink. This creates a colored embossing ink. I sprinkled the stamped image with Clear Embossing Powder and heat set with my Heat Tool. I then colored my image with Watercolor Crayons and a Blender Pen:


Goodie Box:


I used the Fancy Favor Box Die for this project and used the 2 1/2" Circle Punch to cut a "window" in the front. See how my sunflower seeds peek through the window?:


Project Supplies:
  • Cardstock: Pool Party, Soft Suede, Very Vanilla
  • DSP: Spice Cake
  • Tools: Lace Ribbon Border Punch, 2 1/2" Circle Punch, Fancy Favor Die, Large Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, Clear Embossing Powder, Stampin' Dimensionals, Blender Pen, Sticky Strip
  • Inks: Soft Suede, VersaMark, Watercolor Crayons
  • Stamp Sets: Always Thankful
  • Miscellaneous: Cello Bag, Sunflower Seeds
  • Accessories: Pear Pizzazz Seam Binding Ribbon
If you are a Holiday Subscriber for Create with Connie & Mary.....won't you join us for the color challenge this week. I would love to see what you have created! Have a great weekend everyone!


4 comments:

  1. Debbie, this is so beautiful! I love the scallop edging on the DSP strips and your bow is gorgeous! I do have a question about the embossing process. Do you stamp the image w/ versamark first, then stamp w/ soft suede or ink both before stamping?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful project! LOVE that bow!! The projects so far have been wonderful! Thank you to all of you for your hard work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie, this card is so striking. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous colors, Debbie! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!