September 7, 2011

Witch's Hat with the Petal Cone Die!

Remember how I showed you creating a candy corn with the Petal Cone Die yesterday? Well today we are going to create a witch's hat! Here is what I made:


Isn't this so Stinkin Cute!  And look closely below at the punch art bat I made:


He's made with the Owl Punch. I just cut off his feet! For the wings I used a 1 1/4" Circle Punch. I first used a strip of Basic Black Cardstock and used the Scallop Edge Border Punch on one edge. Use the 1 1/4" Circle Punch and cut (2) half-circle's for the wings, keeping the scalloped edge for the bottom of the wings.

If you take a close look at the photo below, you'll notice a "glittery" look to the Basic Black Cardstock. You can click on the photo to enlarge it. Once my project was completed, I sprayed a few layers of Shimmer  Mist:


The whole petal cone pieces were embossed with the Spider Web Textured Impressions Folder. For the base I created 1 in Basic Black and 1 in DSP cardboard, cut out with the Scallop Circle Die. The cardboard makes the base more sturdy when layered under the Basic Black:


Witch's Hat Supplies:
  • Cardstock: Basic Black, Whisper White, Lucky Limeade
  • DSP: Silver Glimmer Paper
  • Tools: BigShot Machine, Petal Cone Die, Owl Punch, Scallop Edge Border Punch, Scallop Circle Die, Spider Web Textured Impressions Folder, Large Oval Punch, Shimmer Paint in Champagne Mist
  • Ink: Basic Black
  • Stamp Set: Wicked Cool
  • Misc: Cardboard
Are you ready for another surprise on Create with Connie & Mary?  Today we are introducing one of our SIX Special Guest Designers!  Each of them will show off a special card creation...giving you a HINT of what stamp set from the Holiday Mini they will be using during their Project Week of the subscription! Hop on over today to see who we are featuring......

6 comments:

  1. Another DARLING project! You are rockin' that petal cone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great way to use the Petal Cone. I love it Debbie. That little batty OWL is a "hoot"! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH! There are so many wonderful details on this, I don't know where to start!! The shimmer was a wonderful touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute and creative. Love all the sparkle and shimmer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so darned cute - love that sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun!!! I love it and what you can do with that die. Fabulous. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!