This is the first card I demo'd:
I remember Deb asking me about our new "Mica Flakes" a few weeks ago so I made a "mental note to self" and decide to incorporate this new product in two of my projects.
Did you know you can color or Mica Flakes? I experimented with this and it worked. I took one of our embellishment containers, added 2 drops of Melon Mambo Ink Refill and threw in a few pinches of Mica Flakes. Shake, shake, shake! The Mica Flakes absorbed all of the ink refill. I then opened the lid and spread the contents on paper towel to dry! I'll be making a project in the next few days with my discovery!
I made my own little shaker frame on this card by using the new Shaker Frames. These are so convenient and easy to use. Just peel off the right size of circle you need, add a Window Sheet to the top and you have a quick shaker frame:
- Cardstock: Bashful Blue, Whisper White
- Inks: Basic Black, , Bashful Blue, Stampin' Write Markers
- Tools: BigShot Machine, Snowflake Die, Snowburst Textured Impressisons Folder, Scallop Circle Punch, Modern Label Punch, 1 3/4" Circle Punch, Shaker Frames, Window Sheets, Stampin' Dimensionals, Sponge
- Stamp Set: Forest Festivities
- Accessories: Mica Flakes
I have a tutorial listed HERE that you can follow. This tutorial was designed for a fan so you can just double the strip I used to make a whole rosette circle. The size of my DSP strips for this one was 1 1/2" x 12" and I used 2.
Other SU! Supplies Used:
- Cardstock: Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla
- DSP: Holly Berry
- Tools: Big Shot, Scallops Die, 2 1/2" Circle Punch, Heat Gun, Pewter Embossing Powder, Sticky Pages, Sticky Tape, Tombow Mono-Adhesive
- Stamp Set: Bells & Boughs
- Accessories: Mica Flakes, Pearl Jewels
- Inks: VersaMark, Stampin' Pastels used with a Blender Pen, Dotted Ribbon
Clean & Simple using just one color of ink and no coloring. I added a solo Rhinestone Jewel in the center of one ornament to give it a little bit of bling and sometimes that's all you need!
- Cardstock: Early Espresso, Whisper White
- Accessories: Rhinestone Jewels
- DSP: Holly Berry
- Inks: Wild Wasabi
- Stamp Set: Merry & Type
- Tools: Postage Stamp Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals