September 29, 2011

CCMC169

My new favoritest color is Pool Party. I almost dig it out every time I want to create but have to stop myself....and look at the color challenge for today:


And my new favoritest stamp is the Hello, Doily stamp:



Now you know why.....doesn't it look like I took one of my mom's homemade doilies and glued it to my card? I even stamped and embossed two of them and cut the center of the 2nd one with my 1 3/4" Circle Punch and plopped it on my card with Stampin' Dimensionals and a Rhinestone Brad. Oops, I forgot to mention the color challenge for today is at Create with Connie & Mary!

I used the 3/4" Circle Punch on each side of my card and cut half a circle. I used the half circles to tie my ribbon:



If you look closely, you'll also notice that I used my Pool Party Stampin' Write Marker to trace around the outside edges of the Hello, Doily Stamp. Just a little trick to help the image stand out:

Okay, your turn, hop on over to Create with Connie & Mary to upload your challenge card. I hope to see you there!

Card Supplies:
  • Stamp Sets: Hello, Doily, Tiny Tags
  • Inks: VersaMark, Basic Black, Pool Party Stampin' Write Marker
  • Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Basic Black, Pool Party
  • Accessories: Basic Black 1/2" Scallop Dots Ribbon, Rhinestone Brads
  • Tools: Jewelry Tag Punch, 1 3/4" Circle Punch, 3/4" Circle Punch, Heat Tool, Black Embossing Powder, Stampin' Dimensionals
  • Misc: Safety Pin

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful card!! Thanks for sharing!!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors and layout. This would be a great card to CASE for a class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderfully stunning - that black just pops off the page and I love how you raised the centre section to pop it even more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful card and design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a fabulous job with this challenge and I love your doiley. I have this stamp, but haven't used it yet. I can't wait to use it after looking at this beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really pretty! Great working with you at CCMC!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Deb! This stamp is beautiful embossed in black and I love the popped up middle. Cool ribbon treatment and I LOVE how you've added the marker around the edge--it really makes the doily POP! Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! The embossing, layering, and adding the shadow really have a huge impact and I love the notches for the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning! That marker around the edge just makes it pop perfectly. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh so beautiful!! I love the doily! And the use of the marker is genius! Great inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!