September 1, 2011

CCMC165

Welcome to our first challenge for the month of September at Create with Connie & Mary. I love fall but hate to see what follows quickly behind it. The colors for today's challenge remind me of a fall scenery so I opted to use the "Autumn Days Stamp Set" for my challenge card. These are the colors for the challenge this week:


I alternated all 3 ink colors on my card bottom. The sentiment is from Bring On The Cake Stamp Set:


My husband had to correct me on this little creature, he is an avid hunter.........not I! This is a Pheasant not a Partridge, excuse me for the error! I stamped him on a Clearlits Scallop Rectangle I cut out with my BigShot Machine. I hand-cut 2 leaves after I rock-n-rolled the ink on them. The embossing is from the Houndstooth Textured Impressions Folder:


I hope you will join us for the color challenge this week. I love to see new faces each week and I also enjoy seeing all of you returning stampers! Also, remember to scroll down to read about our upcoming Holiday Mini Subscription on Create with Connie & Mary. We are now into the Early Bird sign-up period.  From now until September 17th you can get special pricing. Have a great day!

 

Read about Create with Connie & Mary Early Bird Subscription HERE.

SU! Supplies:
  • Cardstock: Lucky Limeade, Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie, Rich Razzleberry
  • Inks: Lucky Limeade, Pumpkin Pie, Rich Razzleberry, Stampin' Write Markers
  • Stamp Sets: Autumn Days, Bring On The Cake
  • Tools: Scallop Edge Border Punch, Corner Rounder Punch, Houndstooth Textured Impressions Folder, BigShot Machine, Clearlits Scalloped Rectangle, Stampin' Dimensionals
  • Accessories: Taffeta Ribbon



7 comments:

  1. Lovely card, Debbie! These colors work so great with this stamp set! I love this layout, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, Debbie! I love the use of Lucky Limeade. It just really "pops"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you used the colors on the bottom of the card with the image. Your 'bird' is so cool, love the colors and the leaves are so pretty. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you used these colors - this came out great! Beautiful for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a perfect fall card, Debbie! Love the rock 'n' rolled leaves combined with the leaves, the houndstooth and the pheasant all make a wonderful scene! Great use of the colors this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, certainly fall, that's for sure! This is a great way to showcase that stamp set - love how you used it on the bottom of your card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you used the rich, bright colors! Great for fall!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!