June 27, 2011

Sneak Peek #7

I have 2 cards for you to "Sneak Peek" today. The stamp set I used is the "Cherish Friendship" stamp set. I previously showed you a card HERE that uses the same stamp set.

For these 2 cards, I used a sketch that can be used 2 ways, first as a round card and then I took the round card idea and turned it into a square card.

Here is the first card, round:


I used the Scallop Die and cut (2) scallops. I scored one scallop with a straight line using (6) scallops across and folding. I then applied adhesive to the (6) scallops and glued them to my 2nd scallop. This creates the card so it will open and stand. I twisted my bow across the card also before I attached it:


Next is the square card:


Notice how it is created the same way as the round card but smaller so I was able to fit everything on the square card. I used the Scallops #2 Circle Die for this one. The sentiment is from Your A Gem. I ended up cutting a small scrap piece of scallop and fitting it around the sentiment:


Supplies used for both cards:
  • Cardstock: Melon Mambo, Old Olive, Whisper White
  • DSP: Brights Patterns Paper Pack
  • Tools: Big Shot, Scallop Die, Scallops #2 Die, 4" Circle Die, 3 1/2" Circle Die, 3" Circle Die, Word Window Punch, Large Oval Punch. Blender Pen
  • Accessories: Seam Binding Ribbon, Brads
  • Inks: StazOn Jet Black, Watercolor Crayons
  • Stamp Sets: Your A Gem, Cherish Friendship

2 comments:

  1. Great cards. Wonderful color combo. Love that stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so pretty!!! Love the color combo and your bow is my fav! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!