June 29, 2011

Mr. Froggie!

I thought I would switch things up a little today and show you a "Punch Art". I saw a cute little frog like this created by Julie Lamontagne on our Stampin' Up! demo website and thought he was so cute! I also had to laugh because the title of her photo is "Grenouille sur son nenuphar".....the reason for my laugh is because I am bilingual, french being my very first language and I had not heard the word "Grenouille" in such a long long time.......it means frog in french! There are very few french speaking people in the area that I now live in so I don't get to practice my french very often.


If you keep scrolling down I have a photo and a listing of all the punches needed to make Mr. Froggie. All of my pieces are sponged with the coordinating ink color. I used Wild Wasabi cardstock for lily-pads and Certainly Celery for the frog:


For the flower, I used Whisper White Cardstock and sponged Regal Rose Ink on the edges. I used 3 flowers cut from the Boho Blossoms Punch and scrunched them up. Add a brad to the center:


The lily-pads are made with the Ovals Die. I used a scoring tool to create the lines and sponged around the edges and in the center and also embossed them with the Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Folder:


Here are all of the pieces that are needed to create Mr. Froggie:


Feet: Boho Blossoms Punch
Head & Legs: Large Oval Punch
Eyes: 1/2" Circle Punch, Punch Pack, 1/4" Handheld Circle Punch
Body: 1 3/8" Circle Punch, 1 3/4" Circle Punch

Thanks for popping in today........ribbit, ribbit!


11 comments:

  1. Thanks, Debbie for this Froggie. I teach crafts with seniors at a day care center. Just yesterday, one of the ladies asked if we could make a frog card. She LOVES frogs. I also have some Japanese seniors that want frogs because they are said to bring good things to you when you share. This Froggie is so cute and easy. Thanks a bunch!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these frogs...have to very good stamping friends who are frog collectors so I can't wait to make and surprise them each with a card. TFS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the adorable Frog, my sister gave me a bead bracelet with FROG spelled out to read, FULLY RELY ON GOD. A cute little critter for a great reminder.
    SIU, Seletta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh he's so adorable..'.love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute is this frog!!! Love him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is the cutest frog and lily pad!!! I love it and will case it for sure. *smile* You are good! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the stinkin' cutest frog I have ever seen!! I will be featuring him on My Crafty Picks #23 with a link back to your blog on 7-3-11. If you wish to decline please email me at trbauer@insightbb.com

    Take care
    Tiffany
    www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, he is so cute I just may have to copy your ideas and make a cut file for him. I will link back to you as my inspiration :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your frog and the lily pad is fabulous! Love the scoring to add depth. Thanks for sharing this!
    BTW-saw your blog on Tiffany's site!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely love this card, Debbie...I have two stampin' friends who are nuts for frogs, so know these will be made for them. Thank you for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!