June 30, 2011

CCMC157

Happy Thursday! How would you like to join us today at Create with Connie & Mary with a sketch challenge? Do you often just sit there staring at a blank canvas (being your cardstock) and don't know where to start? Card sketches are the perfect answer. I sometimes pick a stamp set and create my card around that stamp set, or I pick certain colors that go well together and go from there. Come join us today. Here is the sketch you can play with:


For this card sketch, I wanted to use butterflies. I also dug out my Color Coach and found 3 colors that coordinate:



When I finished my card, I thought the sentiment panel looked boring so I dug out my stencils and added just parts of a stencil. I think that added a little more detail to my sentiment. As you all know, I don't like clutter or too many elements in my cards so the stencil kind of balanced everything out. What do you think?

Card supplies:
  • Cardstock: Soft Suede, So Saffron, Poppy Parade, Whisper White
  • Inks: Soft Suede, Poppy Parade
  • Stamp Set: Flight of the Butterfly
  • DSP: In-Color Patterns Paper Pack
  • Tools: Big Shot Machine, Beautiful Wings Embosslits Die, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Sponge Dauber
  • Accessories: Pearl Jewels, Bakers Twine
  • Stencil: Kind Thoughts Brocade 
I leave you today with a photo of a moth that was on the outside of your foundation a few days ago. I had no idea what he was:


He is called a "Lunar Moth" and he is about 6 inches long on both ends. Quite gorgeous in person. His coloring was outrageous. A few hours later I was watering my flower gardens and forgot he was there. I got him a little wet and he flew away!

6 comments:

  1. Love the stenciling behind the swirly sentiment! Beautiful colors - great card! And I adore your "grenouille" from the other day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, I don't think I would have come up with that combo of colours on my own but they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the butterflies and the bling! And what an awesome moth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I love the addition of the stenciling! Very clever! And the color combo is really nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bits of stencil are a fantastic addition Debbie! The add so much movement to the sentiment panel and it's perfect for those sweet little butterflies! Love that strip of scalloped soft suede too with the little pearls! Love it all--especially that MOTH!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun is the stenciling behind the greeting...great idea! Also, that is a very cool moth! Great take on the Create with Connie and Mary sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!