June 23, 2011

CCMC156

Happy Birthday to my hubby Dave today! He turns sweet 60! For his birthday I am surprising him by taking him on a trip to Prince Edward Island. He has always wanted to travel there and as you read this post, we are on our way! Today's challenge at Create with Connie & Mary Challenge is a color challenge:
What wonderful & vibrant colors to mix together. It speaks summer to me and summer means mouth-watering fruit. Since we had to use an orang-y color, I decided to create my own cantaloupe with punches:

I have a tutorial on my blog on how to complete the clouds in the background. Click HERE for the tutorial.


Notice how I stamped the branch image from Fabulous Florets and then cut partially around one of the leaves so that I could plop it on my layered panel? All I did was use my Exact-o Knife and cut around the leaf and then pried it upwards to slide my layer underneath the leaf!

Card Supplies:
  • Cardstock: Whisper White, Tangerine Tango, Tempting Turquoise, Old Olive
  • Inks: Tempting Turquoise, Old Olive
  • Accessories: Brads
  • Tools: Big Shot Machine, Square Lattice Textured Impressions Folder, Boho Blossoms Punch, Circles Die
  • Stamp Sets: Old Olive, Swirls & Curls Verses (Hostess Set)

10 comments:

  1. Your card looks YUMMY!!! Great job with the color combo! Have fun on your trip today! Happy birthday to your hubby, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! makes me think of a warm summer day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card, Debbie! I love the colors and the dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is just too cute! Cantaloupe instead of watermelons - how outside the box!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful colors - wonderful summer card! Very creative! Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your cantelope!!! How cool! Your card is so fabulous, the clouds so rich in depth!!! Of course, I love the flower and he popped leaves.

    I so hope you are enjoying your trip with hubby and wish him a Happy Birthday from me!!! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a yummy card Debbie! Love the cantaloupe melon--perfect use of the tangerine tango color. Love the scalloped cloud background and what a cool trick with the leaf! Hope you're have a fantastic time on PEI!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great summer's day card, floating clouds, pretty flower, a bird singing and georgous cantaloupes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the fruit! All the elements on your card work so perfectly together! Great use of the challenge colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is super duper fantastic! I love your design and all your details. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!