May 7, 2011

Stenciled card for OWH!

A group I belong to called "Stampers for Others" participates in monthly swaps. We always include one "extra" card to be donated to an organization chosen for that month. This month, our "extra" card is going to Operation Write Home. We were instructed to create our swap cards with one layer only:

Do you know how hard it is to create a one-layer card? It's almost impossible for me. That's when I thought that a stencil for a focal image would be perfect. This stencil is from the "Vintage Ornaments I Decor Stencils". You can view a photo of the set of 4 stencils below.

I used Pear Pizzazz and Soft Suede for the inks. I sponged Pear Pizzazz over the whole stencil first and then added Soft Suede here and there for contrast.





Vintage Ornaments I Décor Stencils, Item #117580 Preferred Price: $14.95

Add a festive holiday touch anywhere using our Vintage Ornaments I Décor Stencils. Our stencils can be used on most surfaces so you can add an ornament anywhere you can imagine--no tree required! ■ Dimensions: : 3-3/4" x 6-1/2" (widest ornament) ■ Dimensions (HxW) are approximate ■ Set of four stencils

1 comment:

  1. Debbie, this is a beautiful, simple card. Love the idea of stenciling on cs. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!