May 22, 2011

Quilt Card!

This card is for all you quilters out there. I have quite a number of customers that also quilt. I've never made a real quilt but plan on trying someday when I have the time. I would love to make one for each of my kids and granddaughter.

Using the "Square Lattice Impressions Folder", this is the quilt look I achieved:


I used 4 different cardstock colors: Soft Suede, Baja Breeze, Rose Red and So Saffron. I cut out shapes with the 1" Circle Punch and 1" Squares. I cut both shapes in half and in half again to create 4 pieces per shape. I then arranged my quilt pattern on top of a "Whisper White Layer" by first using the small square pieces. Add the 1/4 circle pieces on top of the square pieces. Once I had them all glued down in place with adhesive, I used my "Big Shot Machine" and the "Square Lattice Impressions Folder" to create the quilted look. Trim all sides evenly. Layer on top of a "Soft Suede" layer. The background card layer is "Whisper White". The "MOM" stamp was a stamp available in the "Occasions Mini Catalog" that is now retired.

Card Supplies:
  • Cardstock: Soft Suede, Baja Breeze, Rose Red, So Safforn, Whipser White
  • Tools: Big Shot Machine, Square Lattice Impressions Folder
  • Accessories: Baja Breeze Seam Binding Ribbon
  • Inks: Soft Suede, Rose Red

3 comments:

  1. Oh so cute!!!!!!! I love it!Can I case it in different colors??? Pretty please! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous, Debbie! You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning quilt card... I love it and the color combo! Wow!!! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!