May 6, 2011

The Open Sea

The Open Sea gives you a full range of images for designing masculine or travel-themed projects with old world appeal. Created to coordinate with the Nautical Expedition Designer Series Paper, this five-piece set is a must-have for those who covet the vintage look!
I don't usually like clutter for my cards and I am not totally a vintage fan. This stamp set does that all for you on its own. Even though I've used quite a few elements, it really isn't cluttered or too busy for my eyes. The stamped world map was inked with Baja Breeze ink first and then "rock n rolled" in Not Quite Navy. For those of you new to stamping, "Rock n Roll" is a technique that you accomplish by first inking a stamp in one color, usually the lightest color, and then rolling the egdes in a darker ink color.

Notice the shiny anchor? I stamped it with Not Quite Navy Ink on Crumb Cake Cardstock and then used Crystal Effects. It makes for a wonderful embellishment. I popped it up with Stampin' Dimensionals.

My brads....look closely and you'll notice my brads match the strip of DSP. I used the Build-A-Brad, creating custom brads for embellishing cards, scrapbook pages, and other projects is easy! I used a 1/2" Circle Punch, punched my DSP, stuck it on the brad and peeled one of the clear bubbles on top.

Card Supplies:
  • Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Whisper White
  • DSP: Nautical Expedition
  • Inks: Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze, Crumb Cake
  • Stamp Set: The Open Sea
  • Tools: Big Shot Machine, Top Note Die, 3" Circle Die, 1/2" Circle Punch, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, Ribbon Punch, Crystal Effects
  • Accessories: Build-A-Brad
Did you know Create with Connie & Mary's Summer Subscription Edition will be featuring all of the masculine items from this year's Summer Mini Catalog? Hop on ever to see what is happening today at Create with Connie & Mary!


1 comment:

  1. Your card is gorgeous!!! Love the layers on the top note and how you've torn it to reveal the ship....TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!