May 30, 2011

Make your own Trellis!

I've seen several cards using a trellis as a background. I thought I would give it a try and created my own with scraps of Chocolate Chip Cardstock:

I started out with the bottom of my trellis which is about 3/4" thick by 3.25" wide. I then cut 8 very thin pieces with the same color. I used my "Texture Plates" and found a pattern that was similar to tree bark, and ran all the pieces through my my "Big Shot Machine" and embossed all the pieces to my trellis. I then assembled the trellis by weaving the thin pieces and gluing them in place. Cut the ends so that they are uneven.

The flowers are cut out with "Birds and Blooms Sizzlits Die". I cut out 2 different sized flowers and layered them with a brad in "Pink Pirouette Cardstock". The leaves are cut out with the "Little Leaves Sizzlits Die" in "Garden Green Cardstock".

I then glued the trellis to my background layer which I "debossed" with the "Vintage Wallpaper Impressions Folder. Once the trellis is glued in place, add the leaves and finally, add the flowers with "Stampin' Dimensionals" so that they "pop" in height.

The sentiment is from "Teeny Tiny Wishes" and cut out with the "Word Window Punch" in "Pink Pirouette Cardstock" layered over a piece of "Chocolate Chip Cardstock" cut out with the "Modern Label Punch".



Card Supplies:
  • Cardstock: River Rock, Chocolate Chip, Pink Pirouette, Garden Green
  • Accessories: Brads
  • Tools: Word Window Punch, Modern Label Punch, Little Leaves Sizzlit Die, Bird & Blooms Sizzlit Die, Vintage Wallpaper Impressions Folder, Big Shot Machine, Texture Plates, Stampin' Dimensionals
  • Stamp Set: Teeny Tiny Wishes
  • Inks: Chocolate Chip


4 comments:

  1. This is really pretty! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card!! What a clever idea!! I will be featuring this card on My Crafty Picks #19 with a link back to your blog on 6-5-11. If you wish to decline please email me at trbauer@insightbb.com

    Take care
    www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever, Debbie! Thanks for being an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet! congrats on being chosen for Crafty Pics Too!
    Hugs,
    Sharon Field

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!