May 17, 2011

Go Confidently Graduation Card

Create a graduation card by using a sentiment as you focal image. That's exactly what I did here:

So how did I get two different ink colors on my sentiment? Well, you can accomplish this in two different ways:
  • Use Stampin' Write Markers and color the image with both colors. I used Basic Black and Cherry Cobbler  for ink colors, or ....
  • Ink up the stamp in Basic Black Ink first from your ink pad, use a Blender Pen to remove what black ink you don't want and color your second color with a Stampin' Write Marker in Cherry Cobbler.
I wanted the crisp black look so I opted for option 2. I then used my Blender Pen to add just a little bit of Cherry Cobbler in the lower right-hand corner with my Watercolor Crayons. The cap is a 2" x 2" Basic Black Cardstock piece that I sponged Whisper White Craft Ink on all 4 sides. Use a brad for the center and I made my own tassel with White Bakers Twine. I used Stampin' Dimensionals to glue it to my Top Note shape. 

My daugther graduated from college a few days ago and I posted the card I made for her. Scroll down a few days posts to view that graduation card also. Both were lots of fun!
Card Supplies:
  • Cardstock: Basic Black, Whisper White
  • Stamp Set: Word Play
  • Accessories: Brads, Baker's Twine
  • Inks: Basic Black, Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White Craft
  • Tools: Big Shot Machine, Top Note Die, Stampin' Dimensionals
Thanks for stopping by! I leave you with a photo of my daughter's college graduation with her daughter Kaitlynn:



 

2 comments:

  1. Great card - fabulous picture~! Hooray for your daughter!~

    ReplyDelete
  2. First thing to catch my eye, your tassel and sentiment! Great job on both!! This is a really cool graduation card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!