May 28, 2011

CCMC Summer Edition Saturday Challenge-Week 2

Are we having fun yet? For those of you that are visiting me today because you signed up for the Summer Edition of Create with Connie & Mary.....welcome to my blog! Everyone else, thanks again for stopping in! I hope you have enjoyed all the projects we had lined up for you during week #2. Today's card is a card based on the sketch provided below:

I decided to change it up a little and use "paper snipped flowers" in place of two of the squares:


As you can see in my card, I used the "Fabulous Florets" in two different ways. One for the background of my cardstock layer and second as layered items on my card. What is so great about this stamp set is that some of the flowers are lined images while others are full color images.

TIP: When cutting out your flowers, first of all, Stampin' Up!'s Paper Snips are the very best scissors I've ever owned! While you are snipping around the edges of your flowers, leave just a smidgen of white so that the flowers "pop" when layered over colored cardstock.

If you've never experimented in layering the Decorative Label Punch, click HERE to view my tutorial on how to complete this look.

And finally, did you know that it is not too late to sign up for the Summer Edition Subscription of Create with Connie & Mary? By signing up today, you can view DAILY projects from the design team and you can go back and view the last 2 weeks of postings! Each project comes with step-by-step tutorials. Click HERE to go there now!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card! I love this set to begin with and I love what you did with it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!