April 3, 2011

Scallop Flower Tutorial

A few days ago, I promised you a tutorial for the scallop flower that I created in the card below: Supplies needed:

  • 2 3/8" Scallop Circle Punch

  • Scoring Tool

  • Bone Folder

  • Paper Snips

  • Adhesive

  • Brad or Button
Cut 2 scallop's using the 2 3/8" Scallop Circle Punch. I used the "Newsprint DSP" for my flower.
Using a scoring tool or scoring blade, score all scallops as pictured above. Make a cut with your "Paper Snips" from one scored line between two scallop's to the center of the flower (1/2 of the flower, not all the way across).

Using one flower, begin folding each scallop, alternating between a mountain fold and a valley fold, until all scallops have been folded. For the second flower, begin folding in the opposite direction, if you started your first flower with a valley fold, start your second flower with a mountain fold.
Glue your 2 pieces together with adhesive, make sure you glue by laying one petal over the other.
You now have a "Scallop Flower". Decorate the center by using a decorative brad or button! For my card, I glued the flower to the card first, then used a "Stampin' Dimensional" in the center to adhere the button.
You can also sponge around all the edges of the flower with ink if desired. I chose to keep mine plain & simple. You can find the supplies for my card in the blog post from yesterday if you keep scrolling down.


Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous tutorial!!! I love that flower!!! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!