April 20, 2011

Mother of Pearl & Easter Blossoms!

This card comes straight from "Stampin' Success", a monthly magazine that is sent to all demo's. Another great plus in being a demo! I changed it up a little. If you look at the photo below, you will see a close-up of a technique called "Mother of Pearl":


Using "Shimmer Paint in Frost White", scrunch up Saran Wrap, dip in paint and pounce on "Glossy Cardstock" and leave some blank spots. Let dry. Sponge ink color over the dried "Shimmer Paint". I used "Baja Breeze Ink" and a "Sponge Dauber". Wipe with tissue to remove residue.


Other Card Supplies:


  • Cardstock: Rose Red, Basic Black, Glossy White, Baja Breeze

  • Tools: Big Shot, Framed Tulips Impressions Folder, Boho Blossoms Punch, 1" Circle Punch, Sponge Daubers, Shimmer Mist Paint in Frost White

  • Inks: StazOn Black, Stampin' Write Markers, Baja Breeze

  • Stamp Sets: Easter Blossoms

  • Accessories: Seam Binding Ribbon

  • Other: Saran Wrap

My Information:


3 comments:

  1. Fabulous technique, Debbie! This definitely goes on my "I Need to Try This" list! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie, you have really done this technique justice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb this is gorgeous! Your mother of pearl is stunning. Wow!! Beautiful card! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!