April 2, 2011

Jessica's Birthday!

26 years ago I gave birth to my first child. Today is my daughter Jessica's birthday. I thought this card was so cute and I created a little matching goodie box for her gift: I added money and jelly beans in the goodie box after I photographed both pieces. There is a little story to go with the gift. The reason Dave & I decided to give her money is because about 2 months ago, her then 2 year old daughter had a little temper tantrum and threw a little hard plastic doll milk bottle out of anger, and it hit their one year old brand new 42" television. Because the TV is the "plasma" kind, the hit from the block was enough to disable it and can not be repaired. We have a friend that took the TV apart and discovered the screen was actually cracked. She was so heartbroken as she is a single mom and paid $600 for it. They are currently using an old 15" TV! So we gave her cash for her birthday (that is what she asked for!) so she can have a little bit of help with a new TV! Isn't this a great way to put your scraps to work? And those perfectly shaped flames....made from the "Blossom's Punch". I used a "Blender Pen" and "Watercolor Wonder Crayons" to add some white & gray highlights on all the flames. Don't you just love the way the "Framed Tulips Impressions Folder" frames the whole card?
The goodie box is made with the Baskets & Blooms Die. Even the little flowers are cut with the same die and the white centers are from the Boho Blossoms Punch. Add a brad to the center and your goodie box is complete!


Supplies for card & goodie box:


  • Cardstock: Whisper White, So Saffron

  • DSP: In Color Patterns Paper Pack

  • Tools: Big Shot, Baskets & Blooms Die, Boho Blossoms Punch, Framed Tulips Impressions Folder, Blossoms Punch, Decorative Label Punch, Punch Pack, Modern Label Punch, Word Window Punch

  • Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes

  • Accessories: Brads, Taffeta Ribbon
  • My Information:
  • Debbie Henderson

  • Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

  • deb_henderson@hotmail.com

  • Shop 24/7: http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/debbiehenderson/

4 comments:

  1. These are wonderful! Love the white backgrounds and the BIG candles! Happy Birthday to your daughter! And around here I always make noise that the person who did all of the hard work on the "birth day" also deserves a treat! Usually gets me a dinner out :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, what a cheery card and basket! Your creations are always stellar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb, your card and basket are gorgeous!!! You make the best matching cards and gift basket. I love those candles and flowers. I hope your daughter is able to get her TV soon and I hope she had an awesome birthday. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!