April 8, 2011

In My Thoughts

I had these partial two pieces of the Top Note Die that I didn't know what to do with and of course, too valuable to discard........you know me, I keep all those scraps! I decided that both of those pieces would look good on the outside edges of a panel......phew, I feel better, I didn't have to throw them away afterall: I love how my stamped layer came out! I inked the En Francais background stamp in Rose Red. When I inked my stamp, because it is so large, I flipped up rubberside up and inked it in Rose Red with a sponge. I inked some of the wording darker in some areas so it appears faded in some areas once stamped. I also sponged the edges of my layer with Rose Red ink: The flower image is from the Awash with Flowers stamp set which is a two-step stamp set. I opted not use the line drawing portion of the stamp set. I also used a Q-Tip and added Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint to my petals and leaves. Card Supplies:

  • Cardstock: Pink Pirouette, Rose Red, Old Olive, Whisper White

  • Inks: Rose Red, Old Olive

  • Stamp Sets: Awash with Flowers, Hodgepodge Happiness, En Francais

  • Tools: Big Shot, Top Note Die, Corner Rounder Punch, 3/4" Circle Punch, 1" Circle Punch, 1 1/4" Circle Punch

  • Accessories: Pearl Jewels, Grosgrain Ribbon, Shimmer Paint

Thanks for dropping in today and have a great day!


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Debbie! I love how you "faded" the background stamp in places!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just lovely! Love the way you framed the image with the scraps - whew - thank Heaven you kept them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! Love the colors.
    Kate M.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!