April 9, 2011

Fun Flowers & Tutorial

Two posts again today. I have cards made up in advance and want to catch myself up! Easter is almost upon us. Isn't it so late this year? Maybe we'll have some nice weather by then here in Maine......it is taking forever to get here seems like! I made this Easter card with the "Lattice Die" and "Soft Suede cardstock. Once you cut out the shape, turn 25 degrees and snip away the unwanted pieces. Add a "Pearl Jewel" in the center: The "Scallop Circle Die" was cut in "Very Vanilla cardstock" and embossed with the "Elegant Lines Impressions Folder". I sponged the egdes of the frames part of the scallop with "Soft Suede ink". Want some really quick leaves? Use the "Blossoms Punch" and quickly produce all the leaves you need for your card!
Love, love, love this tiny little flowers. Keep reading below and find out how to make them!


Card Supplies:


  • Cardstock: Pink Pirouette, Pear Pizzazz, Very Vanilla, Soft Suede

  • DSP: In Color Patterns Paper Pack

  • Accessories: Pearl Jewels

  • Stamp Set: Teeny Tiny Wishes

  • Tools: Big Shot, Scallop Circle Die, Elegant Lines Impressions Folder, Blossom Punch, Word Window Punch, Lattice Die,

  • Inks: Soft Suede

Flower Tutorial:


Cut out a 1 3/4" Circle Punch. You can use any size circle. Draw a swirly like the photo above. After you've done a few, you won't even need to draw the swirly!


Cut swirly with your "Paper Snips". Cuf off the nubby you end up with at the center.


Using an embossing tool or something very small, curl the whole length of the swirl tightly around the tool, starting on the outside of the swirl.


Remove the rolled up swirly and the flower will form all by itself! Add "Tombow Adhesive" to the end to secure. I glued all of my flowers on the card front with "Tombow Adhesive" also. Thanks to Tara Bilbao for the idea on the quilled flowers!

1 comment:

  1. Your card is just so beautiful. I love the variety of roses!!! Wish we could spend time creating flowers together. That would be so fun!!! Do you mind if I link to your tutorial on my blog? Hugs,

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!