April 19, 2011

Fran's Workshop

Fran booked a workshop to be held at "Scrapbooking Dreams" in Island Falls last night. Her request was that I demo "Wheels". I made 3 different cards utilizing the "wheel stamps". The first 2 I demo'd: Card #1: I inked the wheel in "Pear Pizzazz" ink first, then I inked up just the edges in "Cajun Craze". I used ink pads for my ink colors. I also showed the girls how to use the "Stampin' Around Wheel Guide" for a perfectly straight stamped wheel image: Card Supplies:

  • Cardstock: Baja Breeze, Cajun Craze, Very Vanilla

  • Inks: Pear Pizzazz, Cajun Craze, Baja Breeze

  • Stamps: Bright Blessings Jumbo Wheel, Falling Leaves

  • Tools: 1" Circle Punch, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, Sticky Tape, Stampin' Dimensionals

  • Accessories: Baja Breeze Seam Binding Ribbon, Rhinestone Jewels

Card #2:


I love that Stampin' Up! has a wheel that matches a stamp set. I used the "Color Spritzer" on this card once completed, to add little speckles of color. I also used a second wheel with "VersaMark Ink" on both edges of the card:

Card Supplies:

  • Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Whisper White

  • DSP: Brights Patterns Paper Pack

  • Stamps: Trendy Trees, Funky Forest Standard Wheel, Sweet Swirls Standard Wheel

  • Inks: Old Olive, VersaMark, Early Espresso, Stampin' Write Marker in Early Espresso

  • Tools: Scallop Border Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals

Card #3-Make n Take:


All of the attendees were able to create this "Easel Card" using a new stamp set called "Hope & Strength" that will be available on May 1st. For every stamp set sold, $2 will go to Breast Cancer Research! Card Supplies:



  • Cardstock: Pretty In Pink, Soft Suede, Whisper White

  • Inks: Pretty In Pink, Soft Suede

  • Stamp Sets: Hope & Strenght, A Word for You, Very Vintage Jumbo Wheel

  • Tools: Boho Blossoms Punch, Scallop Edge Border Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals

  • Accessories: Brads

We ended the night with a doorprize and a hostess gift:


Dig out your brown bag lunch sacks! I created this matching set for a hostess gift for Fran.....a card and a little brown bag lunch sack gift bag, wow that was a mouth full! Keep reading below:

The Card:

The Gift Bag:


Side view of Gift Bag:


Measure the bag 5.5 inches from the bottom and snip off the top portion. Using a 11" x 8.5" cardstock piece, cut in half to form 2 pieces that are 5.5" x 8.5". Decorate as you like. Adhere to the front side and backside of the bag. Using a punch of your choice, punch holes at the top to create the handles.


My Information:





2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful gift bag and card for the hostess! I love those colors and the double row of pompom ribbon!!! Your make n take is gorgeous... I'll bet they loved making it. Gorgeous!!! Love the flower center on the butterflies!!! Both wheel cards are fabulous. Now, if only I would ink mine up! I need the incentive. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous projects, as always! You have inspired me to have my workshop attendees make an easel card later this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!