April 30, 2011

Dawn's Workshop

Last night was Dawn's first workshop even though she has been a customer of mine for quite some time. The first card I demo'd for the workshop was the card in the photo below:

Card #1:
This card could be used for a nature lover or also as a masculine card. Do you like the way I layered the sentiment so that it is peaking from the bird's beak?
I first stamped the images by coloring my stamps with Stampin' Write Markers and stamping twice without re-inking. Once my background was completed, I ran the Top Note shape through my Big Shot Machine and embossed it with the Square Lattice Textured Impressions Folder.

Card Supplies:
  • Cardstock: Cajun Craze, Whisper White
  • Accessories: 1 1/4" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon
  • Tools: Big Shot Machine, Top Note Die, Square Lattice Textured Impressions Folder, Word Window Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals
  • Stamp Sets: Nature Walk
  • Inks: Chocolate Chip, Stampin' Write Markers
2nd card:

I started out by stamping the image with Crumb Cake ink. I first stamped on scrap paper and then stamped again on Whisper White to create a shadow. Using the Stamp-a-ma-jig and Cajun Craze Ink, I stamped the image again by moving it just a smidge to the left. Using the Color Spritzer Tool and the Not Quite Navy Stampin' Write Marker, I added splotches of color:
The edges of the first two layers of cardstock are hand-torn. Add a knotted ribbon to finish off the card.

Card Supplies:
  • Cardstock: Old Olive, Not Quite Navy, Whisper White
  • Inks: Crumb Cake, Cajun Craze, Not Quite Navy Stampin' Write Marker
  • Stamp Set: Just Believe
  • Accessories: Grosgrain Ribbon
The 3rd and last card was the Make-n-Take the girls created:



They stamped the leaf image in Wild Wasabi Ink on both layers. Even though the cardstock and ink are both Wild Wasabi, the ink usually is a little darker and shows up very nicely. The flower image was stamped in Basic Black on Pink Pirouette Cardstock and hand-cut. We used a VersaMark Pen to add a little detail and sprinkled Dazzling Diamonds. I love the glittery look of this flower:

    Card Supplies:
    • Cardstock: Wild Wasabi, Very Vanilla, Pink Pirouette
    • Inks: Basic Black, Wild Wasabi, VersaMark Pen
    • Stamp Sets: Growing Green
    • Accessories: Dazzling Diamonds
    • Tools: Stampin' Dimensionals

    I presented Dawn with this hostess birthday gift set, a gift bag and a matching card:

    My Information:

    1 comment:

    1. You totally amaze me! These are so fabulous. Hugs,

      ReplyDelete

    Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!