April 21, 2011

Create with Connie & Mary CCMC147

Hi Blog Readers! Thank you so much for stopping by again today. I would love to hear how your week is going. Join us today at Create with Connie & Mary for a sketch challenge. Did you know that you don't have to stick with an exact replica of the items in the sketch? Those squares could be substituted with circles, oval, rectangles, whatever you can come up with. And that flower? Again, you can use something else for a focal point other than a flower. This sketch is provided for you to help you set up your card. Come join us this week and use the sketch below for inspiration:

I decided to use the "Decorative Label Punch" in place of the 4 squares:

Notice the stamped image I used on my 4 pieces? The image is from the "Four Frames" stamp set and will be offered in the new 2011-2012 Idea Book & Catalog. As an added surprise, Stampin' Up! is allowing you to order this stamp set now! All you need is a $20 order. There are 4 stamp images and all 4 can be cut out with the "Decorative Label Punch". How great is that?

The flower was created by stamping 3 images from the "Awash with Flowers" stamp set and stacking them on top of each other. I fastened them with a "Sweet Stitches Designer Fabric Brad". These brads will be gone after April 30th so hurry and get your order in! I colored my flower petals by using a "Sponge Dauber" and "Pretty In Pink ink" and adding "Melon Mambo ink" to the center.
Card Supplies:
  • Cardstock: Shimmery White, Marina Mist, Pear Pizzazz
  • Inks: Craft White, Basic Black, Pretty In Pink, Melon Mambo
  • Stamp Sets: So Happy, Awash with Flowers
  • Tools: Big Shot, Little Leaves Embosslit Die, Decorative Label Punch
  • Accessories: 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon, Sweet Stitches Designer Fabric Brads

  • My Information:
  • Debbie Henderson
  • Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
  • deb_henderson@hotmail.com
  • Shop 24/7: http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/debbiehenderson/

5 comments:

  1. Debbie, I love how you did the frames for the background squares! Great flower, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a unique sketch! I love your flower with the fabric center! Great ideas to use the frames for background - this is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job with the sketch! I just love what you did with the decorative label punch! And the flower is just great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Dec Labels... fabumous. I love that flower... those layers and coloring are beautiful! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!