April 14, 2011

Create with Connie & Mary CCMC146

Good morning Blog Readers! I hope your week is going well. How about adding some excitement to your week with these gorgeous colors to play with? Join us for the challenge at Create with Connie & Mary and remember, Stampin' Up! only products: These colors spoke "Flowers" to me today. Take a peak at the card I created:
Start by creating a white-on-white layer for your background. I stamped the second layer with the "Sanded" background stamp in "Pumpkin Pie ink" and roughed up the edges a little with my fingernail. Add a scrunched-up "Satin Ribbon in Real Red" off to one side.
Now for the 3D flowers:


  • Cut a piece of cardstock (I used Real Red, Pumpkin Pie and Pacific Point cardstocks) sized 1" x 11".

  • Trim on one long side of your cardstock with the "Eyelet Border Punch".

  • Run your strip of cardstock through your "Crimper" a few times to break the fibers in your paper.

  • Cut out a 1 1/4" circle from "Sticky Pages" with a "1" Circle Punch".

  • Begin sticking your cardstock piece to your sticky circle by starting on the outside edges and working your way towards the center of the circle. You will be folding your strip as you move along at about every 1/2".

  • Using the "Boho Blossoms Punch", punch 1 in Whisper White, of the largest flower.

  • Using a "Paper Piercer", pierce a hole in the center of both flowers and insert "Brad" to attach both pieces together.

  • Adhere to card front.

I hope you have enjoyed my 3D flowers today! Join us for the color challenge!


6 comments:

  1. I love how you combined those colors into a beautiful card. Love that lacey edge to your flowers. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could enter this in the Pals Paper Arts challenge right now! It's all about flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful use of the colors. The flowers are terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous flowers! Love how you set them against that scritchy background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! I just love how you made the flowers! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic! You made it bright and fun and such a delight to look at. Great job.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!