April 18, 2011

Blue Jays Punch Art!

Many times I've been asked where I get my inspiration or ideas for a card. Look right out your window.....nature is the most rewarding of inspirations! Trees, grasses, flowers......and birds! My backyard is full of Blue Jays. What a colorful creature! The minute I dig out my camera though, they scram! Here is my inspiration for the Blue Jay: The "Bird Punch" is used to punch two "Marina Mist cardstock" bodies and two "Whisper White cardstock" bodies. I trimmed the white to fit in the belly part of the bird. I then used my "Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker" and my "White Signo Gel Pen" and scribbled some details on the body and the wings of each bird. The eyes were also created with the same inks:

Card Supplies:


  • Cardstock: Marina Mist, Certainly Celery, Soft Suede, Whisper White

  • Tools: Bird Punch, Decorative Label Punch, Framed Tulips Impressions Folder, Photo Corners Punch, Punch Pack (small circle)

  • Inks: Basic Black, White Signo Gel Pen, Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker

  • Stamps: Happy Greetings (coming soon in the new Summer Mini Catalog!)

I also wanted to post a Thank You card I received from Theresa (Canada), thanking me for the last round of "blog candy" I gave out. She was the recipient:


It's hard to capture by camera but the center panel is an embossed "Thank You" on glossy red cardstock and is just gorgeous. I also recognize some "Stampin' Up!" products. Thanks so much for the card Theresa!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Debbie! I LOVE your punch art Blue Jays, you are so creative! I CASED your Easter Chick on my blog, thank you for the inspiration :) Here's the link to my post: http://stampingnut.blogspot.com/2011/04/punch-art-easter-chick.html
    Have a great day and Happy Stamping!
    -Laurie
    imastampingnut@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Deb, your blue jays are fabulous!!! You captured them perfectly!!! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!