April 7, 2011

Bird Punch Lily

Here is another use for your "Bird Punch": Look closely, do you see the "Bird Punch" in these photos? Of course you do. Starting at the base of the flower, I used the wing and "Pear Pizzazz", cut 2. Move on up starting again at the base, the first 3 levels of petals are the birds body. Cut off his head and round the tip. Sponge "Pumpkin Pie" on one side and sponge "Pear Pizzazz" on the other side. Now move on up 5 more petals......those are again made with the wing and sponged the same way! I layered my flower on top of the "Scallop Squares Duo Die" embossed in the "Perfect Polka Dots Impressions Folder". I opted to use the "debossed" side of the polka dots. Card Supplies:

  • Cardstock: Whisper White, Pear Pizzazz

  • Stamps: Elements of Style, Teeny Tiny Wishes

  • Inks: VersaMark, Pear Pizzazz, Pumpkin Pie

  • Accessories: Designer Buttons, Linen Thread, Pearl Jewels, 1 1/4" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon

  • Tools: Big Shot, Scallop Squares Duo Die, Curly Label Punch, Bird Punch

Don't you just love it when you purchase a tool and you can use it in many ways? I love the versatility of the "Bird Punch". I have two posts today so don't forget to scroll down and visit me twice!


4 comments:

  1. So creative, Debbie! I love the coloring on the petals! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, lovely! I have the Elements of Style stamp and the bird punch, so I can make this :-) I remember standing in a garden in Thailand, surrounded by many of these hanging flowers, overcome by the experience. Now I can create some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how beautiful!!! I love the colors you created with shading. Stunning! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! Thanks for sharing. I've now found a new way I can use this punch.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!