April 3, 2011

Another tutorial for you, a non-Stampin' Card!

This is my second post for today and I am showing you something different.....no stampin'.....just a flower fold card. This fold is called the "Dahlia Flower Fold":

Here is how I created this flower:


Step 1:


Using double-sided Designer Series Paper (DSP), cut 8 with a circle punch the size of your choice. The larger the punch, the larger the flower:

Step #2: Fold circle in half to create a score line:

Step #3:

Starting in the center of the circle opposite the fold line, fold two sides in as pictured below:

Step 4:


Turn paper over and fold each side towards the center just like you would a paper airplane. Create 8 total in the same manner:
Step 5:


Using a square piece of cardstock in your desired color, start adhering the petals side-by-side to complete a circle:


This is a close-up of what your completed flower should look like:
My completed card:
Card Supplies:


  • Cardstock: Early Espresso

  • DSP: Elegant Soiree

  • Tools: Circle Punch (any size will work, choose depending on the size flower you would like to create)

  • Accessories: Designer Button-Neutrals

Don't forget to scroll down to read my 1st post!


3 comments:

  1. Oh Deb, I have so wanted to make the Dahila fold flower. I have never run across a picture of the fold that I could actually see. They say eyes are the first to go. I absolutely love your card and your flower is beatiful. I will be playing around with this for sure. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Debbie! Thanks for the tutorial. I will have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card. Thanks for sharing the dahlia fold. Will definitely have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!