March 29, 2011

Sunflower with the Bird Punch!

Do you recognize the wing from the "Bird Punch" in this card? What a great way to use up all those scraps you have sitting in your stamp room. I cut out 16 "wings" from "Daffodil Delight cardstock" and embossed them with the "Perfect Polka Dots Impressions Folder". I also used my "Daffodil Delight Stampin' Write Marker" to each edge of the wings to hightlight and then glued all of the wings (now petals) to an "Almost Artichoke cardstock" piece:

I then used a "1 1/4" Circle Punch" in "Early Espresso" topped with a "1" Circle Punch" in "Whisper White":

I used the stamp image from "Cute by the Inch" and then added an "Antique Brad" in place of the flower. This card was so much fun to create!

Card Supplies:
  • Cardstock: Early Espresso, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White, Almost Artichoke
  • Inks: Stampin' Write Markers
  • Accessories: Taffeta Ribbon, Antique Brads
  • Tools: Bird Punch, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, 1" Circle Punch, Perfect Polka Dots Impressions Folder



2 comments:

  1. What a creative mind you have, Debbie. That's a use for that punch that I would never have thought of. This is going on my list of 'got-to-make's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful sunflower!!! I absolutely love your shadowing of the petals.... gorgeous!!! The polka dots embossing is fabulous. I love it. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!