March 6, 2011

Stampers for Others Challenge #4

Good afternoon blog readers. This is my second post for today so don't forget to scroll down to visit my other card project!

This card was created for a group I belong to called "Stampers for Others". This group consists of Stampin' Up Demonstrators that are tied together in one group by how we originally signed up. You could be part of our group too.........ask me how?

The challenge for this month that I posted was as follows:
  • Masculine card
  • 3 layers only
  • 1 embellishment only
This is the card I created:

  • Layer #1: Basic Black cardstock
  • Layer #2: 3 1/2" Circle Die in Whisper White cardstock, stamped with Extreme Elements stamp set in Pacific Point & Wild Wasabi Inks. Extreme Guitar stamped in VersaMark Ink and embossed with Black Embossing Powder followed by Irridescent Ice Embossing Powder
  • Layer #3: Stars, circles & a sentiment with the Star Punch, Cog Punch and assorted Circle Punches. Sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes in Pacific Point Ink and cut out with the Word Window Punch
  • Embellishment: Mini Library Clip

By having all of your embossing supplies at your fingertips, you can layer your embossing powders. Once I had my Basic Black Embossing Powder set with my Heat Gun, I had the Irridescent Ice waiting nearby and by keeping a little bit of heat on the image, it was hot enough for me to sprinkle the second layer of embossing powder on the first layer and heat set again with my Heat Tool. You can't tell by the photo's but the guitar man is blinging!
It is my son Greg's birthday in May and he loves anything to do with guitars! I thought this card would be perfect for him. He will be turning 24! Wow! Time flies!

1 comment:

  1. I love this!!!! All that embossing is so fabulous. I love all the punched stars and gears. Mine is 34 and a guitar nut too. You won't believe how fast the next 10 go... twice as fast!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!