March 30, 2011

Sandy's Workshop

I traveled to the Dyer Brook School last night to demo at an Adult Education card class. This is my second time there to complete a workshop with Sandy's group. I thought I would use Stampin' Up!'s Sweet Stitches Designer Fabric for the first card. Ann Schach taught me how to create a yo-yo flower (thanks Ann!). I can't believe how easy they are to make. Start with a 3" Circle Die and cut your fabric with your Big Shot. Using a thread & needle, sew a running stitch around the outside of the circle, when you have completed stitching around the whole circle, pull the two thread ends until your circle forms a ball and then tie a double knot. Flatten out your flower so that the thread and knot are in the center and add an embellishment in the middle of your flower. I used a Designer Button on mine: I also used the fabric for the bottom part of my card. I adhered a piece of pre-cut fabric to the Big Shot Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets. This adhesive sheet transforms your fabric piece into a "sticky" fabric:
I then added a piece of Sticky Tape along the top edge of my fabric and adhered PomPom trim in Melon Mambo:
Card Supplies:


  • Stamp Sets: Teeny Tiny Wishes, Sew Suite, Button Button

  • Cardstock: Very Vanilla

  • Inks: Early Espresso, Garden Green, Melon Mambo, Peach Parfait, Tempting Turquoise

  • Accessories: Pom Pom Trim in Melon Mambo, Sweet Stitches Designer Fabric, Neutral Designer Button

  • Tools: Big Shot Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets

Card #2: The scallop layers on this card are created using the Tasteful Trim Die and the Elegant Soiree DSP. I just layered them by alternating the placement of the scallops. This is a very easy way to decorate part of your card and gives it the "wow" factor.


The little flower below was made by using the 5 Petal Flower Punch. I cut out 3 flowers and used my Paper Crimper to break the fibers. I put them through my crimper 10-12 times and then used my bone folder to separate them into 2 separate layers. Poke a hole in the center with your Paper Piercer and add a brad in the middle. Shape them the to create a flower in full bloom:

Card Supplies:


  • Cardstock: Early Espresso, Marina Mist, Very Vanilla

  • Stamp Set: Curly CuteDSP: Elegant Soiree

  • Accessories: Marina Mist Satin Ribbon, Brads

  • Inks: Early Espresso

  • Tools: Tasteful Trim Die, 5 Petal Flower Punch, Corner Rounder Punch

For the last card of the evening, the girls all took turns sharing products and creating their very own card: I had them all stamp a trio of easter eggs with the "Easter Blossoms" stamp set and we used "Stampin' Dimensionals" to make them "pop": Cards Supplies:



  • Cardstock: Whisper White, Pink Pirouette

  • Ink: Rich Razzleberry

  • DSP: Patterns Paper Pack in BrightsTools: Big Shot, Framed Tulip Impressions Folder, Scallop Edge Border Punch, Large Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, Small Square Punch, Scallop Square Punch, Stampin' Dimensional

  • Stamp set: Easter Blossoms

I presented Sandy with the following hostess set:


I made a little card box to hold 4 cards and 4 envelopes:



Supplies:


  • Cardstock: Basic Gray, Whisper White, Pear Pizzazz, Pink Pirouette

  • Stamp Set: Bliss

  • Tools: Big Shot, Birds & Blooms Sizzlits Dies, Scallop Edge Border Punch, Framed Tulips Impressions Folder

  • Inks: Pear Pizzazz

  • Accessories: Brads. 1 1/4 Striped Grosgrain Ribbon

My Information:


3 comments:

  1. Your cards and card box are beautiful. Simple elegance and so stunning. What a beautiful and thoughtful gift. Do you have a tutorial for them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful collection of cards! I love the hostess gift - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know where to start... I love each and everyone!!! From fun to classy to elegant and then some. I love each and every extra detail and those flowers. My heart belongs to the elegant and classy Easter Egg Card... stunning and I see a CASE coming soon. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!