March 6, 2011

Punch Art Sunny Flower's


I've always loved sunflower's. As a matter of fact, one of my first Stampin' Up! stamp sets, way back in 1997 when I first started stamping was a sunflower set. Even though I don't have the set anymore, I still love them. The photo above is a sunflower sowed from seed that my granddaughter Kaitlynn planted in a small container at daycare this past summer. Even though she was only 2 at the time, she was so excited to bring it home for grammy. We ventured out to the garden and transplanted it and this is how it turned out months later!


The sunflower card for today is created with punches:
Supplies needed:
  • Cardstock: Early Espresso, Certainly Celery, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White
  • Accessories: Taffeta Ribbon
  • Tools: Extra Large Scallop Punch, Bird Punch, 1" Circle Punch, Perfect Polka Dots Impressions Folder, Sponge Dauber
  • DSP: In Color Patterns Paper Pack
  • Stamp Set: You're a Gem
  • Inks: Early Espresso
To create the sunflower, first punch out with your Large Scallop Punch. Sponge ink around all the edges with a Sponge Dauber and Early Espresso Ink. Using Paper Snips, snip each individual scallop about 1/2" inwards to create petals. Using your Bigshot and the Perfect Polka Dots Impression Folder, emboss your scallop circle. Fold in half so that the top half is a little shorter than the bottom half. This creates a 3D look. I added a glue dot to the center so that the flower would stay closed. Add a 1" Circle cut out with Early Espresso cardstock and glue to the back of the scallop. NOTE: If you prefer black centers, you should sponge the petals with Basic Black rather than Early Espresso.

I hope you enjoyed today's card! Thanks for visiting!

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful card, Debbie. So sunny and happy just like your granddaughters sunflower - how nice it would be to see it in your garden and think of her everytime! Priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! Your punch art cards are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute is this! These flowers are adorable - you are very crafty with those punches my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love your sunflower!!! Such a clever and cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!! I love this! I will be featuring this on My Craft Picks #7 on 3-13-11. If you wish to decline please email me at trbauer@insightbb.com

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so gorgeous. That granddaughter of yours has a green thumb already!!! I love your card and those sunflowers are so awesome. I just love how you made them. I like that... Grammy, how sweet!!! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your sunflower creations are fantastic. This is such a bright lovely card. Regards Meighan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!