March 22, 2011

Masculine & Foil!

Today I played in my stamp room with something I've wanted to try for a long time. I finally did it!! I embossed using my Big Shot and Textured Plates on "aluminum foil". I love how both of my cards below turned out:

I also used the "Cog Punch" on this card. TIP: In order to be able to punch through foil with a punch and not tearing the foil, first place a layer of cardstock under the foil and punch through both layers at the same time. This keeps the foil from getting caught in the cutting parts of the punch.

Card Supplies:
  • Cardstock: Cajun Craze, Marina Mist, Very Vanilla
  • Inks: Cajun Craze, Marina Mist
  • Stamp Sets: Sense of Time, Hodgepodge Happiness
  • Tools: Cog Punch, Word Window Punch, Photo Corners Punch, 3 1/2" Circle Die, Texturz Plates
  • Accessories: Brads, Game Spinner Hands, Aluminum Foil

Second card:

For this card I first cut out the aluminum foil with the Top Note Die and my Big Shot and then embossed the foil with Texturz Plates. Doesn't the background look like diamond plate metal?

I stamped my airplane so that it looks like it is coming in for a landing and you can actually see the "motion". I inked my stamp with VersaMark ink first and inked again with Cherry Cobbler. Start stamping your image from left to right. To create the motion look, do not re-ink your stamp. Stamp repeatedly several times overlapping each image. I then sprinkled Clear Embossing Powder and used my Heat Tool to complete the embossing. Hand cut with Paper Snips and adhere to your foil.
Close up of Diamond Plate background:
Card Supplies:
  • Stamp Set: Plane & Simple
  • Tools: Big Shot, Top Note Die, Texturz Plates, Spritzer Tool, Square Lattice Impressions Folder, Word Window Punch, Heat Tool
  • Accessories: Aluminum Foil, Neutral Buttons, Clear Embossing Powder
  • Inks: Cherry Cobbler, Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker
  • Cardstock: Cherry Cobbler, Basic Black, Whisper White

  • My Information:
  • Debbie Henderson
  • Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
  • deb_henderson@hotmail.com
  • Shop 24/7: http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/debbiehenderson/

3 comments:

  1. Love the clock card. Thanks for sharing this great technique. The foil makes for good embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards - great technique! Love the clock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG your plane is fabulous!!! How awesome. Your clock and cogs rocks!! Gotta love Reynolds!! I forgot to mention, I love that flower on the prev comment!! I noticed your new look, its beautiful, I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!