March 13, 2011

Fifth Avenue & Vellum

Want to learn a cool, new way of adhering Vellum Cardstock to your card without the adhesive showing? Take a peek at my vellum layer below:


Can you figure out how I glued it to my card front without the adhesive showing? First lets talk about the card. I stamped the flower 3 times by using the "Masking Technique" with VersaMark ink and embossed with White Embossing Powder. I then highlighted the outside edges of the stamped images by using a shade darker ink than the background layer. I used the Concord Crush Stampin' Write Marker" to achieve the look on this card. The cardstock color is Perfect Plum layered over Whisper White:

I learned this technique from a card I CASED (copied and stamped exactly) created by Michelle Heady. Now for the instructions on the vellum layer. By scoring the "Vellum Cardstock" a 1/4" on each edge, you can add "Sticky Tape" to the length of each edge and adhere the cardstock to the card without the adhesive showing! When you stamp on vellum, set aside to dry completely so as not to smudge the ink. You can also gently use your "Heat Tool" to dry it a little faster but be careful not to burn the vellum! The sentiment is from the Curly Cute Stamp Set.


Notice the black button from the Neutrals Buttons collection? I plopped a Pearl Jewel in center!


Card supplies:
  • Cardstock: Whisper White, Perfect Plum, Vellum
  • Stamp Sets: Fifth Avenue Floral, Curly Cute
  • Inks: VersaMark, Basic Black, Concord Crush Stampin' Write Marker
  • Accessories: Neutrals Buttons, Pearl Jewels
  • Tools: Corner Rounder Punch

Stay tuned tomorrow as I have another card using the same stamp set & Vellum Cardstock!

    My Information:
  • Debbie Henderson
  • Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
  • deb_henderson@hotmail.com
  • Shop 24/7: http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/debbiehenderson/

3 comments:

  1. cool beans!! thanks for the great tip. The card is stunning and I love the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Cool! Thanks for the great tip! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just as gorgeous!!! Of course I love it done in my favorite colors. *smile* Love that tip, who'd a thought.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!