March 20, 2011

Emily's Workshop

I traveled to Island Falls yesterday for Emily's workshop located at her business "Scrapbooking Dreams". We had lots of fun! Here is the first card I demo'd for everyone:

I wanted to show everyone the versatility of the new "Cupcake Punch". Notice how I used the cupcake liner as a basket over-flowing with butterflies?


I first stamped the background image with the "Bliss" stamp set. I inked it up in "Night of Navy ink" and stamped on scrap paper, then stamped again on my circle which was cut with the "Big Shot" and the "3 1/2" Circle Die". This technique is called "Stamping Off".

Card Supplies:
  • Cardstock: Whisper White, Night of Navy, Pear Pizzazz, Peach Parfait
  • DSP: In Color Patterns Paper Pack
  • Tools: Big Shot, Beautiful Wings Embosslits Folder, Cupcake Punch, 3 1/2" Circle Die
  • Stamp Sets: Your A Gem, Create A Cupcake, Bliss
  • Accessories: Rhinestone Jewels, Glimmer Brads In-Color

Card #2:

Beautiful blossoms using the "Blossoms Petal Punch"! You can cut as many petals as you want, you can cut any size you want and you can layer any way you want. I used 2 different sizes of petals on this flower, curled them around a pencil, sprayed them with "Gold Smooch Spritz" and finally, added "Pearl Jewels" to the petals and a "Designer Button" to the center:

If you click on the photo below, you will view a close-up of the "Smooch Spritz":

Supplies for card:
  • Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Perfect Plum
  • Inks: More Mustard
  • Accessories: Pearl Jewels, Designer Buttons
  • Tools: Big Shot, Framed Tulips Impressions Folder, Scallop Oval Punch, Large Oval Punch, Blossoms Petal Punch, Corner Rounder, Sponge Dauber, Stampin' Dimensionals
  • Stamp Set: Easter Blossoms, Build A Blossom

Final Card:

This is the Make-n-Take the girls created without the ribbon as I did not have enough ribbon for this size workshop. I had taken a photo of this card weeks before the workshop. I removed the ribbon for the workshop:


I showed the girls how I came up with the color combination of inks using the "Color Coach". I've sold quite of few of the "Color Coach" these past few months. What a great tool to own!
Card supplies:

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous cards, Debbie! I'm sure Emily was pleased. Clever use of the cupcake set! I love the unique layout of the third card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous! The one with the cupcake liners is genius! The background stamp ties it all together! Love those details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every card is terrific. I'm sure they all enjoyed making these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are awesome cards. I love that basket, I sure didn't see that in the punch. *smile* Now I want to fill it with flowers. lol Love the distressing and smooch on your gorgeous flower! The angled card with those butterflies is so elegant.
    Fabulous color choices on all!!! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards Debbie. I especially like the Blossoms Petal Punch one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are Beautiful, I Love em, do you sell them??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I do sell my cards. Some stamps may have retired since posting but I can always substitute like images and colors.

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!