March 4, 2011

Cindy's Workshop

Last night was a first time workshop for Cindy M. She has just started stamping with us and wanted a workshop of her very own. Her friend Sue got her into stamping......thanks Sue!

This is the first card I demo'd for the girls. The little limb my owl is sitting on is actually the tree from the stamp set "Season of Friendship". I turned the tree sideways to create a limb!


Supplies for card:

  • Stamp Sets: Teeny Tiny Wishes, Season of Friendship
  • Inks: Early Espresso
  • Tools: Owl Punch, Scallop Die, Elegant Lines Impressions Folder, Spiral Border Punch
  • Accessories: Rhinestone Jewels, Always Artichoke Seam Binding Ribbon
  • Cardstock: Always Artichoke, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso

Cindy had requested an Easter card for one of her cards. I used the brayer to add "Pretty In Pink Ink" to the embossed areas of the "Scallop Oval Die":

Supplies for card #2:
  • Cardstock: Soft Suede, Whisper White
  • Inks: Soft Suede, Pretty In Pink, Stampin' Write Markers
  • Tools: Scallop Oval Die, Corner Rounder Punch, Finial Press Impressions Folder, Brayer, Scallop Oval Punch, Sponge Dauber, Sticky Tape (for ribbon)
  • Stamp Set: Easter Blooms
  • Accessories: Seam Binding Ribbon in Pear Pizzazz
Make-n-Take:
I thought I would let the girls play with "Punch Art" for their project. I played around a few days ago and came up with this little Easter Chick from my own little head! I started out with the Daffodil Delight cardstock measuring 5.5 x 5.5 and placed the fold on my Scallop Die and cut through both layers. By placing the fold on the inside edge of the Scallop Die, you've created your fold for your card. The wings are also created with the Scallp Die and I trim each piece into a triangular shape. The feet and feathers on the top of the head are created with the 5-Petal Punch. Read below for the remaining supplies:

Card Supplies:

  • Body: Scallop Die in Daffodil Delight
  • Wings: Scallop Die in Daffodil Delight
  • Feet: 5 Petal Punch, cut 4 in Pumpkin Pie and trim off 3 petals
  • Feathers on head: 5 Petal Punch, cut 1 in Daffodil Delight and trim off 2 petals
  • Eyes: 3/4" Circle Punch, cut 2 in Whisper White, cut 1 in Daffodil Delight and cut in half, 1/2" Circle Punch-cut 2 in Basic Black, 1/4" Hand-held Punch-cut 2 in Whisper White
  • Beak: 1" x 1" square folded in half diagonally in Pumpkin Pie

I sponged all the Daffodil Delight cardstock pieces with Daffodil Delight Ink. I also added cheeks but using a Sponge Dauber and Stampin' Pastels. Add a bow made with the Pumpkin Pie Taffeta Ribbon and you have a completed Easter Card!



5 comments:

  1. Fabulous projects, Debbie! The chick is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards Debbie! I especially like the chick one - great work! I just might have a go at making one myself! Inspiring stuff - thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that chick!!! Your Easter card is just gorgeous and the owl is is so cute, I just love that layout. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know what's cuter - the owl or the chick! Just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All are great projects but I love your Easter chick. So creative. What a great card for a child.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!