March 12, 2011

Cheers to You & Tutorial

Ever wonder what to do with all those little scraps of cardstocks that are left over? Cut out some circles and get busy!


I dug out my circle punches in assorted sizes and off I went. I even stuck some in my Big Shot with the Perfect Polka Dots Impressions Folder.

Notice the shape of my Whisper White layer? I used the Top Note Die and cut out the Top Note shape twice. These are the steps to achieve this look below:


Step 1: Cut out the Top Note as your normally would.

Step 2: Using the piece you just cut out, turn it 180 degrees and center over the Top Note Die in the opposite direction. You can click on the picture below to enlarge it. You'll see how I have it centered on the die:

Step 3: Run through your Big Shot again a second time and this is what you end up with:

Cool huh!


Once my background was completed with the 3 colors: Not Quite Navy, Real Read & Garden Green, the colors reminded me of a festive event so I chose the "Cheers to You" stamp set for my focal image. Do you like the glassy look of my wine glass? After I stamped my image in Basic Black ink, I watercolored the image with my Water Color Crayons and then added Crystal Effects to the whole glass. Make sure you set the card aside to dry for about 30 minutes before you touch it again!
Thanks for visiting and have a great day today.......try to get some stamping in!


Cheers to You
#114944
Wood Mount only $17.95

3 comments:

  1. OMG! You are just too clever! We used the Top Note the other night - now I'll have to do it again this way. Warm here today - spring IS coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb, I love your glass... too cool. I sure look at the stamp set a whole new way now. Love your card and those colors. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea. New follower.

    Jani
    papercompulsions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!