March 31, 2011

CCMC144-Cake Inspiration

Good morning blog readers and stampers! This morning we have for you.......a Cake Inspiration Photo Challenge. Come visit all of us on the design team at Create with Connie & Mary! This is the cake:

Wow is all I can say. I had a very difficult time with this one. I knew in my head that I didn't want to make the colors too busy and I tried really hard to depict the bow on the cake by using paper. It took me 3 tries and finally I decided to subsitute the bow with a scrunched up flower:
I wanted to create something for a wedding and I knew I wanted a 3D item and a matching card. The card is 3x3 and will easily fit on a gift for a bride & groom:

The matching goodie box:

Close-up of scrunched flower:


Pearl Jewels (I love these!):


Supplies for both projects:
  • Stamp Sets: Elegant Wedding, You're A Gem
  • Inks: VersaMark, River Rock
  • Tools: Big Shot, Tasteful Trim Die, Curly Label Punch, Scallop Circle Punch
  • Cardstock: Whisper White, River Rock, Marina Mist
  • Accessories: 1 1/4" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon in Certainly Celery, Pearl Jewels, Brads


    Have a great day and thanks for stopping in the see what I am up to!

  • My Information:
  • Debbie Henderson
  • Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
  • deb_henderson@hotmail.com
  • Shop 24/7: http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/debbiehenderson/

5 comments:

  1. Deb, your card and gift box is beautiful. I love the edging!!! I love your blue stamped background and pearls. That inspiration photo reminds me of Duff! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both of them, Debbie! The pearls are perfect, and what a great interpretation of the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting colors - I think you did an absolutely beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great gift set! I love what you did with this challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!