March 10, 2011

CCMC141-Color Challenge

Love, Love, Love this color combination. The colors speak "SPRING" to me! You can find more inspiration if you visit the Create with Connie & Mary blog. Check it out! Don't you just love the photo that utilizes those colors? Also, remember that anyone who submits to our challenge will be entered into a drawing for a subscription to "Create with Connie & Mary's Summer Edition". For each entry during the month, you will have one chance at winning. One drawing per month!


My card for today:

I used the "Rock n Roll" ink technique on my butterfly. I first inked him in So Saffron Ink and then rolled the edges only, in Real Red Ink. I stamped him inside the oval and stamped him again on a piece of Whisper White cardstock and cut him out with my Butterfly Punch. Add a few Rhinestone Jewels and a Stampin' Dimensional for height:
Supplies for card:
  • Stamp Set: Butterfly Prints
  • Cardstock: Crumb Cake, So Saffron, Real Red, Whisper White
  • Tools: Big Shot, Ovals Die, Ribbon Punch, Butterfly Punch, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Scallop Trim Corner Punch, Vintage Wallpaper Impressions Folder, Stampin' Dimensionals
  • Accessories: Rhinestone Brads, Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon
  • Inks: So Saffron, Real Red, Crumb Cake

                6 comments:

                1. Debbie, this is gorgeous. Love that rockin' butterfly!!! Colors are fabulous. Hugs,

                  ReplyDelete
                2. Definitely a beautiful card. The colors rock and I love the fluttery butterfly. TFS Debbie.

                  ReplyDelete
                3. Ohhh the bling on the ribbon!! What a great idea. This is a wonderful card. I too love these colors. I am trying to play along for this one as well. Just taking a break. :-) Thanks for your nice comments on my blog as well regarding the last sketch challenge.
                  Michele
                  fishmememoriesandmore.blogspot.com

                  ReplyDelete
                4. Beautiful job rocking and rolling your butterfly! Very pretty card...I love the texture!

                  ReplyDelete
                5. This is a beautiful card, Debbie! I just love the butterfly, the rhinestones and the scalloped trim! It all works so perfectly!

                  ReplyDelete
                6. Such a pretty card. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary challenge!

                  ReplyDelete

                Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!