March 3, 2011

CCMC140, Sketch Challenge

"Party this way" to" Create with Connie & Mary!" Every Thursday, you are all welcomed to join us in a sketch challenge, a color challenge, a cake challenge or a theme challenge. What a great way to learn from others as you join in! Something new starting this week also: Anyone who submits to our challenge will be entered into a drawing for a subscription to "Create with Connie & Mary's Summer Edition". For each entry during the month, you will have one chance at winning. One drawing per month!

Today we have a sketch challenge:

The sketch challenge is something for you to draw ideas from and even though certain shapes are depicted, you don't have to stick to those shapes.

This is my card for this week:



I cracked open a stamp set that still sat unused on my shelf called "Party this Way". What a cute set for a birthday card or to use for any type of birthday decoration. Notice how I layered my scallop circle inside a larger circle? Other than that I pretty much stuck to the sketch:


Supplies Used for Card:
  • Stamp Set: Party This Way
  • Cardstock: Real Red, Tangerine Tango, Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White
  • DSP: Brights Paper Pack
  • Tools: Spiral Border Punch, 2.5" Circle Punch, 2 3/8" Scallop Circle Punch, Ticket Corner Punch, Heart To Heart Punch, Paper Piercer & Mat Pack, Stampin' Dimensionals
  • Accessories: Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon, Square Rhinestone Jewels
  • Inks: Whisper White Craft, Real Red

I DARE you to join us! Let me see what you can create!

5 comments:

  1. I love it and those colors are awesome!!!! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! I love it! The square rhinestone brad is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute, Debbie! I love the color combination! The ribbon treatment is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great party colors! Love the bling on the bow!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!