February 6, 2011

Sue's Workshop

Sue's workshop was held yesterday and these were the cards I demonstrated:

This card was created with the "Bliss Stamp Set" that is available in the "Sale-A-Bration Catalog". You can earn it for free by placing a $50 order! I love the vintage look that all the stamps in this set have. I sponged "Marina Mist" and "Perfect Plum" inks on the embossed area of the "Scallop Oval Die" and I also use my "Color Spritzer" to add little flecks of color on the background. The main image was inked using the "Rock n Roll " technique. Inks the stamp in "Crumb Cake Ink" first and then roll it so the edges only are inked in "Chocolate Chip Ink":


Supplies Used:
  • Cardstock: Marina Mist, Very Vanilla
  • Stamp Set: Bliss (Sale-A-Bration)
  • Inks: Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, Perfect Plum, Marina Mist. Stampin' Write Marker in Chocolate Chip
  • DSP: Neutrals Patterns Paper Pack
  • Tools: Big Shot, Scalloped Oval Die, Scallop Border Punch, Finial Press Impressions Folder
  • Accessories: Seam Binding Ribbon in Crumb Cake, Rhinestone Pearls, Spritzer Tool

The second card I've posted before but had not demo'd at any of my workshops yet. I thought I would demo a masculine card:
This card used the "Emboss resist technique". Stamp the background first with the "En Francais" stamp in "Soft Suede Ink". Follow that with the airplane image from the "Plane & Simple" stamp set, inked in "VersaMark" and then embossed with "White Embossing Powder". Using a "Sponge Duaber" swirl some "Soft Suede Ink" over the embossed image. Wipe with a tissue to remove residue: Supplies for card:

  • Cardstock: So Saffron, Soft Suede, Whisper White
  • Stamp Sets: Plane & Simple (Occasions Mini Catalog), En Francais
  • Inks: Soft Suede
  • Tools: Big Shot, Square Lattice Impressions Folder, Top Note Die, White Embossing Powder, VersaMark, Sponge Daubers
  • Accessories: Seam Binding Ribbon in Cherry Cobbler
For the 3rd project, the girls all created this card to take home with them:

By embossing all of the cardstock elements together, a new technique called "Inlaid Embossing" was created. Notice how the flowers on my tree blend in with the "Whisper White Cardstock" layer? It actually looks like the cardstock colors are all blended into one:

Supplies for card:
  • Stamps: Season of Friendship,
  • Tools: Big Shot, Square Lattice Impressions Folder, Ribbon Border Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, Large Oval Punch, Boho Blossoms Punch, Scallop Border Punch, Mat Pack & Paper Piercer
  • Cardstock: Wild Wasabi, Tempting Turquoise, Regal Rose, Whisper White
  • Inks: Early Espresso
This is a hostess gift I presented Sue. It's a little card pouch you make with a 12 x 12 piece of DSP. It holds cards on both sides within 2 pockets:
UPDATE: I created a tutorial for the card pouch HERE.


And the doorprize for the day was a set of coasters I made using the "Medallion" stamp and "Stazon Ink in Black". Click HERE for directions on how to create coasters:

My Information:

2 comments:

  1. This is just stunning! Your hostess must have loved the card pouch. It is gorgeous! I clicked over to your instructions and left a comment for you as I'm a bit confused (which is not surprising for me...)

    I love coming by your blog - so inspiring and your creativity is wonderful! Thanks for all you share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie these are terrific!!! I so love that first one, it reminds me of an embroidery hoop. I love them all though, equally. You are one busy gal! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!