February 4, 2011

Pals Paper Arts-PPA79

Hmmmm.....who would have thought that these colors would end up as a color combination? I was stumped for just a minute but gave it a go....
My Card:

At first my butterfly didn't seem to stand out enough so I dug out my "Very Vanilla Ink" and a "Sponge Dauber" to sponge around the edges. There, that did the trick, see how the butterfly pops now? Sometimes it takes just a little bit of contrasting ink to make the difference!

Do you like the distressed edge of my "Riding Hood Red"? All I did was rub my fingernail around all of the edges and voila....instant distressing!

The "Beautiful Butterflies Die" and the "Beautiful Wings Embosslit Die" work well together when you layer your butterflies.
Supplies Used:
  • Cardstock: Riding Hood Red, Certainly Celery, Rich Razzleberry, Very Vanilla
  • DSP: Newsprint
  • Inks: Basic Black, Certainly Celery, Very Vanilla
  • Tools: Big Shot, Beautiful Butterflies Die, Beautiful Wings Embosslit Die, Corner Rounder Punch, Spiral Border Punch, Word Window Punch, Sponge Dauber
  • Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes, Elements of Style, En Francais
  • Accessories: Certainly Celery Satin Ribbon, Soft Subtles Buttons

Don't forget to visit the Pals Paper Arts blog and view the wonderful challenge inspiration for this week!

8 comments:

  1. I love this! The very vanilla sponged on the butterfly is a great trick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fan-tas-tic! Love every bit - I thought these were tough colors but you made it all work perfectly - love the stamped backgrounds and distressing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Debbie! You made a tough color challenge look so easy! The button on the layered butterfly is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Deb!!! I love that butterfly. Gorgeous card!!! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, Debbie. The distressing and layering is fabulous. I love the contrast on the butterfly wings. Will have to remember that tip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card! I love the layered butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. GREAT card, Debbie! I love all the interest you added with the tonal look and the "notebook" paper:) Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is BEAUTIFUL! I just love it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!