February 27, 2011

Norma's Workshop

Yesterday was Norma's workshop. The first card I demo'd was to show the girls how to create a "shadow". By using your "Stamp-A-Ma-Jig", you can create a perfect shadow! Start out by using a lighter color ink, move over just a smidgen by positioning the placement of your stamp with the "Stamp-A-Ma-Jig", and stamp a darker color ink:

I also used the "Spritzer Tool" on the background, the girls all thought that was the neatest tool:

Card Supplies:
  • Cardstock: Wild Wasabi, Whisper White
  • DSP: Neutral Patterns Paper Pack
  • Tools: Big Shot, Top Note Die, Modern Label Punch, 1" Circle Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, Framed Tulips Impressions Folder, Spritzer Tool
  • Inks: Chocolate Chip, Wild Wasabi
  • Stamp Set: Upsy Daisy

Project #2:

I've had this stamp set for close to a year now and have only inked it up once...shame on me! Mother's Day is just around the corner...or you could also use this card for a birthday card:

Notice the litte "Rosette" in the center of the stamped flower? When you purchase these, they come in a vanilla color and they also come in 3 different sizes. I used a "Stampin' Write Marker" and colored it myself! I learned this from Ann Schach, thanks Ann! The "Rosette" fits perfectly in the center of my stamped flower. I also added some color to my Whisper White layers using again using the Spritzer Tool and the Pear Pizzazz Stampin' Write Marker.

Card Supplies:
  • Cardstock: Pear Pizzazz, Whisper White
  • DSP: In Color Patterns Paper Pack, this one is Blushing Bride
  • Inks: Basic Black, Stampin' Write Markers
  • Tools: Corner Rounder Punch, Spritzer Tool
  • Accessories: Rosettes, Pear Pizzazz Seam Binding Ribbon
  • Stamp Sets: Messages for Mom

Project 3:

This is the make-n-take card all of the girls created:

The stamped image in the center was inked in "Real Red Ink" and stamped on scrap paper first, then without inking again, stamp on your cardstock. This is called "stamping off". Add the sentiment using "Basic Black Ink":

Card Supplies:
  • Cardstock: Real Red, Basic Black, Whisper White, Baja Breeze
  • Inks: Real Red, Basic Black
  • Tools: Bird Punch, Ribbon Punch
  • Stamp Set: Bliss
  • Accessories: Rhinestone Jewels

I presented Norma with a hostess gift. This is a tin Stampin' Up! sold last year and I bought several of them to keep in my stock. I filled it with various cardstock punches shapes and embossed background layers Norma will be able to use on her cards. I also made the same exact card as the tin for a matching set but forgot to take a photo of the card:

Supplies used for tin (and card):
  • Cardstock: River Rock, Not Quite Navy, Whisper White
  • Tools: Big Shot, Top Note, Perfect Polka Dots Impressions Folder, Oval Die, Tags Punch, Ticket Corner Punch
  • Stamp Sets: Bliss, Your A Gem
  • Inks: Not Quite Navy, River Rock, Poppy Parade
  • Accessories: 1 1/4" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon

  • My Information:
  • Debbie Henderson
  • Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
  • deb_henderson@hotmail.com
  • Shop 24/7: http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/debbiehenderson/

2 comments:

  1. Hi Deb!!! Great blog and glad to have found it=) I am passing on the Stylish Bloggers Award to You!! Keep up the beautiful work!! To accept your award please visit my blog: http://krisisstampin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a terrific workshop. I love each one. Love how the flowers really pop on the first one, I will have to try that. Your gift tin is beautiful! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!